Research method & Field Research

Research method
-interview
its hard to ask question because most of them don't want to talk or shy
-observed
i observed the environment for each tribe
-internet
to get more information
-record using video camera.
i record to make sure i dont miss any information when i or my friend ask question.

Research finding

Before I went to the trip, I put some expectation about orang asli. For example, they still live in the juggle or they can’t speak malay fluently but it turn outs that they not much different compare with us. I do some interview about their daily life, they said that if they want to eat something like chicken or beef, they just go to the market and buy and if they sick, they will go to hospital or take panadol.

-Between temiar and jehai, jehai people are very shy compare with temiar. The guide told me that, temiar people are a little bit aggressive and will give their own opinion if we ask question compare to jehai people

- Most of orang asli (jehai and temiar) at belum forest have curly hair and dark skin.

- Most of the children did not go to school because of the distance and transport.

- When I went to temiar place, the house not from daun nipah anymore. Most of it already made from concrete.

- At temiar, I found out that some of the teenage have facebook and music band. If I’m not mistaken they once perform at radio RTM.

- I found out that most of the Orang asli is muslim but the different is even they are muslim they celebration of hari raya and etc is not same like us due to lack of money. The tok batin from jehai tribe said that they only celebrate if they have extra money.

No comments:

Post a Comment